Skip to main content

(Poem) Eidelons - I

I.

How does the wallpaper
(So long just a background)
emerge to be seen just itself

I don’t know . . .
I wish I did . . .

The wallpaper is witness to everything
It sees the scenes
It hears the voices
It feels left out

How do you make a mark when you are an image

How do you speak when you are an ear

How do you feel when you are only a thing

But the wallpaper does feel
And the wallpaper has something to say
And the wallpaper is a sight to behold when seen for itself


Standing still too long cramps muscles

And if you don’t speak then when you do
what do you say
how will it sound

And how will you look when you are what’s seen
rather than just being an accent for what was so long
held in front of you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Poem) Eidelons - III

III. My happiness drains from me (what little I had) and I am a parched sponge The fierce sunlight is an oven I cannot escape Airborne dust leaves fine red welts stinging The desert is scarcely home but I can find no other The sun is no friend but I can find no more faithful companion The winds of change hold no comfort (Only pain) But behind them whispers Hope.

Nothing - 2

To give your life is often thought the greatest gift It’s not Your life is not your own to give of keep Everyone dies Your soul is your only true possession and it is the giving of this that is the greatest gift To whom will you give it Or, will you try to keep it for yourself?

Nothing - 1

Nothing is what is left when everything’s gone Nothing changes when time stands still Nothing existed before the beginning Nothing stops the unstoppable Nothing fills the emptiness in my heart Nothing is something and when you don’t have much it’s hard to give up even that.